Vacature: Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) - Materials & Structural Analysis (MSD) Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our material characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
The Human Resources Manager provides regional support to EMEA Electron Microscopy Sales and Service team. Emphasis of this role is on the leadership of forward thinking HR programs and processes that will improve performance, retention and satisfaction of the employees. The Human Resources Manager develops long-range workforce planning and organization plans, thus allowing the business to meet both current and future business objectives. This role also provides advice and counsel to the organization on complex HR issues such as organization design and review, change management initiatives, strategic workforce planning, and day-to-day guidance and support to management regarding HR practices and policies.
- Provide strategic and tactical HR direction that effectively partners with directors, managers and supervisors of assigned areas to enable business objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of HR programs and processes in a way that a high level of employee morale is achieved. Ensure that employment and legal compliance are achieved.
- Lead long range staff planning processes. Oversee organization of design and human resource assessments allowing the company to meet both current and future business objectives.
- Directs strategic focus of compensation and benefit programs to maintain competitive position within industry.
- Advises and coaches business leaders on management style, effectiveness and impact. Serves as advisor on HR impact of different business issues. Collaborates with regional country HR partners and COEs on developments which could have broader impact.
- Facilitates the performance management process and communicates results to appropriate stakeholders and recommends areas for improvement. Responsible for the enhancement of employee performance through the implementation of performance support tools.
- Provides counsel to employees and management on HR policies and practices. Ensures compliance with all relevant labor and employment regulatory agencies.
- BS/BA in a related field required (and Master’s/MBA strongly preferred)
- 2-4 years relevant experience required;
- Knowledgeable of employment law, organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, and performance management
- Must be able to handle ambiguity
- Must be able to interact with and influence the most senior levels of the organization
- Change management skills important
- Demonstrated business acumen (i.e., ability to understand key aspects of the company’s business strategy)
- Collaborative; encourages cross-functional cooperation and builds strong working relationships