Vacature: Lead Designer, future Team Lead electronics
Electronics Lead Designer
Adding value to our products by engineering (sub)modules in an efficient and multidisciplinary context.
What will be your job like as Electronics Lead Designer?
In our product development projects at R&D you are responsible and focusing on electronic topics like embedded control, printed circuit boards for digital and analog electronics, motors, sensors and development of power electronics.
Together with architects you specify and agree on requirements based on customer’s demands. This is your input together with embedded software designer to come up with technical designs and concepts that meet these objectives, properly balancing time, quality, accuracy, interdisciplinary interactions and taking cost into account.
Within the project you collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines than electronics and embedded software, like mechanics and also chemistry and physics, who are mainly responsible for the ink and print head development. You review your ideas and jointly develop smart creative solutions that meet the overall project objectives. You test and review your model based design(s) by building prototypes to proof the feasibility of the routes you have identified
In this role there are plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself, e.g. to module responsible, electronics team leader or system architect.
- Designing of digital and analog electronics (such as embedded control and sensor control systems)
- Designing printed circuit boards and guiding outsourcing partners
- Selection of motors and sensors
- Development of power electronics
- Control on costs
- Make sure your designs are correctly implemented, which includes analysis, testing and documentation.
- Communicate and present effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
Furthermore you meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or similar
- As bachelor you have at least 5- 8 years of relevant experience, as master 2-5 years
- Skilled in Matlab and able to read C/++ code
- Eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and experience with digital and analog electronics.
- To be successful the candidate is enthusiastic, pro-active and eager to dive into various technical problems. Having a structured way of working, excellent communication skills, and ready to take initiative and responsibility.
- Team player, hands on, practical, analytic and goal oriented
- You like to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
- Available for 32-40 hours per week
What can we offer?
We offer you a job in an open and creative environment within an international organization, where you work with other designers and developers on usability and interaction for products and devices. Your contribution is essential for building innovative high end industrial printing devices within product development.
And there is more….
Besides a challenging working environment, scope for personal and professional development we will give you an interesting package of employment conditions:
- a salary in line with current market standards
- 38 days leave, year-end bonus of 1 month’s salary and holiday payment of 8%
- travel allowance,
- a laptop and a smartphone
Thanks to our diversity of disciplines with which you work, we will expansively train you give you the possibility to network with professionals, inside and outside your field of expertise.
You can apply directly via the 'apply now' button on this page. For more information about this position please contact Ralf Dreuning, HR Manager, M +31 6 14205902.
Agency calls are not appreciated.